Please note: This blog is for educational and informational purposes only and may not be construed as medical advice. The information is not intended to replace medical advice offered by physicians.
The remedies I share are some of the ones I used to heal from depression. Be open to trying new things and then continue working with what feels best to you. I highly recommend using “Energy Healing Therapies” such as Reiki treatments and Acupuncture in combination with “Energy Medicines” from Nature. Healing will happen sooner when you focus on healing your Entire Person….body, mind and spirit. If you would like help from someone who has been there and healed themselves from depression, I offer Energy Readings & Healing sessions where we determine the best remedies for you. Contact me at info@YourLifeMattersToMe.com or message me on Facebook.
I love this book! Purchase or borrow it from your library, YOU CAN HEAL YOUR LIFE by Louise Hay. It is a magical and simple guide to get you back on your path to wholeness. I used it in the beginning of my journey and have referred to it ever since. This book makes a great gift for loved ones and friends who are starting their healing journey. In fact, give this book along with a card that lists all the reasons why this person matters to you.
Reiki is the single-most thing I learned that I attribute to helping me heal from depression. It completely changed my outlook and my life. It helps you to peel away the layers that are Not you so the True you can be revealed. So much of what stops us in life is believing the negative stuff that gets recycled in our minds. Release the negative thoughts and beliefs and you are ready to start fresh.
Reiki is a simple, hands-on healing treatment that erases negativity in the mind and calms the emotions so you feel peaceful and calm within. It is during moments of peacefulness that you get a glimpse of who you are meant to be and what you are meant to accomplish. Meaning for life is gained by knowing who you are and tapping into your innate gifts and talents. Once you wake up to who you are, you start to experience excitement and passion for what is possible. The passion from within is what drives you forward and helps you to weather the storms that life brings.
ENERGY MEDICINES FROM NATURE:
Herbs are not just for seasoning your food. In fact, for centuries plants were the main medicine used to heal from illness. Dried herbs may be taken in the form of capsules, teas and herbal tinctures. The following herbs have been scientifically studied and proven to help alleviate depression. As a precautionary measure do not take herbs if you are pregnant.
- St John’s Wort (Tea, capsules or herbal tincture): anti-viral herb that helps to increase serotonin and melatonin levels relieving stress and assisting in sleep.
- Contraindications: Do not use St John’s Wort with other medications or birth control pills.
- Lemon Balm (Tea): a nervine that lifts the spirits as it soothes and calms the nerves.
- Scullcap (Tea or capsules): an anti-viral and anti-inflammatory nervine used to relax and reduce stress quickly.
- Contraindication: Do not use with immunosuppressants. Use in moderation in capsule or tincture form.
- Oatstraw (Tea, bath, tincture): a nutritive nerve tonic used for the release of stress and exhaustion.
- Contraindication: may contain gluten.
Plants and flowers can have healing energy in their scent. When you rub a peppermint leaf between your fingers, you smell the volatile oil within the leaves. Peppermint helps to add flavor to foods and beverages, and it also helps to improve mental clarity and your ability to concentrate. Plant volatile oils work with your brain to trigger a physiological change in your mood or behavior.
Please note that “fragrance” and essential oils are two different things. Fragrance is synthetic while essential oils are direct from nature. If you are sensitive to scents, it is possibly because you have been exposed to too many synthetic fragrances. Try sniffing a number of essential oils at a local herbal or health food store and you will know which ones feel best to you.
Place a few drops of your preferred essential oil in an aromatherapy diffuser or add to water to use as a spray. Mist over your head and breathe in the aroma.
- Bergamot: balancing, uplifting, anti-depressant.
- Clary Sage: Relaxing, euphoric, good for mental fatigue, reduces nervous tension.
- Lavender: Balancing, calming, relaxing, anti-depressant.
- Melissa: Tonic for the nervous system, soothing, calming, anti-depressant.
- Ylang-Ylang: Heightens the senses, aphrodisiac, reduces fear and anger.
BACH FLOWER REMEDIES:
Nature has many healing benefits and Flower Essences are one of my favorites. Bach Flower Remedies were invented almost a century ago by a British physician, Dr Edward Bach. He left traditional medicine because he was tired of only treating the symptom of the illness and not the “whole” patient. He believed that illness was the expression of negative emotional states and until that was addressed the disease would not be completely healed.
He was able to capture the essence or vibration of a plant….not the scent. He developed 38 remedies to work on specific emotional and mental conflicts, past programming and traumas. His remedies provides Nature’s healing in a bottle. Dr Bach’s protocols are still followed in the making of flower essences today. In fact, many have copied his methods so you can find numerous Flower Essence products online.
Usage: It is recommended that clients put 4 drops under the tongue 3 – 4 times a day until one or more bottles are finished. You may take up to 5 Flower Essences at a time and you may combine 2 – 5 essences in one bottle. The dosage remains the same…4 drops under the tongue 3 – 4 times a day. (Contraindication: Do not use with clients who are allergic to alcohol as the formulas contain brandy as a preservative.)
The following are the most effective remedies for lifting depression, and helping to heal.
- Rescue Remedy: A blend of 5 flower essences to reduce the effects of shock or trauma.
- Mustard: Provides seeds of faith to renew. Dispels feelings of doom and gloom. Encourages joy.
- Olive: Rejuvenates, restores mental and physical vitality to experience pleasure in life.
- White Chestnut: Reduces mental chatter to provide peace and clarity of mind.
- Walnut: Helps to set boundaries and protection from unwanted, outside influences.
Everyone loves the beauty of gemstones. Color and Nature are very healing. Your healing stones will choose you. Collect gemstones in your travels. Wash them when you first find them and clean them occasionally to clear the energy. You may carry them with you, look at them or place them on your body or around your home.
- Black tourmaline: Grounding, neutralizes negativity, clears energy.
- Snowflake obsidian: Helps shed light in the dark.
- Blue laced agate: Calming, dissolves stress and fear.
- Strawberry quartz: Helps heal heart wounds.
- Rose quartz: The love stone, helps to feel lovable and share love.